GETTING WITH THE
The College of Graduate Studies can help enhance your marketability and improve your earning potential. Committed to innovation in graduate instruction, research and development, the College of Graduate Studies offers over 100 areas of study in the arts, sciences, education, and business. Graduate students may pursue their studies on campus, at off-campus locations, online, or via a combination of those options.
One out of five degrees awarded at MTSU is a graduate degree. MTSU is committed to making students aware of the long-term value of graduate education and creating an atmosphere of pride in our high-quality graduate programs.
- A stand-alone Master of Library Science program began in 2016–17. Other new degrees include the flexible Master of Arts in Liberal Arts, Master of Science in Finance, and Master of Education for Agricultural Education Leadership.
- The revised Master of Business Administration degree may be customized; can be completed online or on campus in only 12 months; and has new Music Business and Healthcare Management concentrations. A Human Resources Leadership concentration was added for the Master of Professional Studies.
- Professionals from across Tennessee made up the first cohort graduating in August 2016 with the Doctor of Education in Assessment, Learning, and School Improvement, a program unlike any other in the nation.
- The Information Systems master’s program maintains a near-perfect level of placement in health care management, data, insurance, and financial services.
- The Department of Chemistry graduated more than twice the national average of M.S. students.
- MTSU’s interdisciplinary doctoral science programs—Mathematics and Science Education, Computational Science, and Molecular Biosciences—successfully completed external reviews.
Why Graduate School?
By 2018, one in every seven new jobs will require a graduate degree. According to the U.S. Census, adults with advanced degrees earn an average of 44 percent more than those with bachelor’s degrees. Graduate school is a place of discovery, innovation, and enrichment. MTSU offers nationally recognized graduate programs in many disciplines. Graduate assistantships and scholarships are available. Contact the College of Graduate Studies to learn how you can increase your potential with an advanced degree.
Get a Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years
The Accelerated Bachelor’s-to-Master’s (ABM) programs allow high-ability students to complete undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years, double-counting up to 12 credit hours toward both degrees. Participating ABM programs:
- Actuarial Sciences (M.S. in Professional Science)
- Biostatistics (M.S.in Professional Science)
- Chemistry (M.S.)
- Criminal Justice Administration (M.C.J.)
- Economics (M.A.)
- Exercise Sciense (M.S.)
- Finance (M.S.)
- Foreign Languages (M.A.T.)
- Information Systems (M.S.)
- International Affairs (M.A.)
- Leisure and Sport Management (M.S.)
- Media and Communication (M.S.)
- recording Arts and Technologies (M.F.A.)