GETTING WITH THE PROGRAM
The College of Graduate Studies can help enhance your marketability and improve your earning potential. Committed to innovation in graduate instruction, research and development, the College of Graduate Studies offers over 100 areas of study in the arts, sciences, education, and business. Graduate students may pursue their studies on campus, at off-campus locations, online, or via a combination of those options.
One out of five degrees awarded at MTSU is a graduate degree, and MTSU has aggressively transitioned from a primarily undergraduate institution to a doctoral research university with significant research activity.
- The Master of Science in Management at MTSU is ranked No. 21 among the Top 50 such programs in the country, according to Top Management Degrees, an online business education and career guide. Offering courses online, in evenings, and on weekends, the program is the second-highest-rated in the eight contiguous states, behind No. 8 Duke. Concentrations include Organizational Leadership, Social Innovation and Not-for-Profit Management, and Supply Chain Management.
- MTSU’s Master of Professional Studies with its new Human Resources Leadership concentration is ranked No. 20 among the Top 25 programs nationally by OnlineU for offering great value for an online master’s degree in HR.
- Recent new graduate degrees at MTSU include a stand-alone Master of Library Science, the flexible Master of Arts in Liberal Arts, Master of Science in Finance, Master of Education for Agricultural Education Leadership, and Doctor of Education in Assessment, Learning, and School Improvement.
- MTSU’s Master of Business Administration degree may be customized, can be completed online or on campus in only 12 months, and now has Music Business and Healthcare Management concentrations.
Why Graduate School?
By 2018, one in every seven new jobs will require a graduate degree. According to the U.S. Census, adults with advanced degrees earn an average of 44 percent more than those with bachelor’s degrees. Graduate school is a place of discovery, innovation, and enrichment. MTSU offers nationally recognized graduate programs in many disciplines. Graduate assistantships and scholarships are available. Contact the College of Graduate Studies at email@example.com to learn how you can increase your potential with an advanced degree.
COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
Get a Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years
The Accelerated Bachelor’s-to-Master’s (ABM) programs allow high-ability students to complete undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years, double-counting up to 12 credit hours toward both degrees. Participating ABM programs:
- Actuarial Sciences (M.S. in Professional Science)
- Biostatistics (M.S.in Professional Science)
- Chemistry (M.S.)
- Economics (M.A.)
- Exercise Sciense (M.S.)
- Finance (M.S.)
- Foreign Languages (M.A.T.)
- Information Systems (M.S.)
- International Affairs (M.A.)
- Leisure and Sport Management (M.S.)
- Management (M.S.)
- Media and Communication (M.S.)