GETTING WITH THE PROGRAM
One out of five degrees awarded at MTSU is a graduate degree, and MTSU has aggressively transitioned from a primarily undergraduate institution to a doctoral research university with significant research activity.
The College of Graduate Studies can help enhance your marketability and improve your earning potential. Committed to innovation in graduate instruction, research, and development, the College of Graduate Studies offers over 100 areas of study in the arts, sciences, education, and business. Graduate students may pursue their studies on campus, at off-campus locations, online, or via a combination of those options.
- MTSU’s Industrial/Organizational Psychology master’s program is ranked the best in the nation by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the premier professional organization in the field. I/O psychology is currently the fastest-growing occupation in the country, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. MTSU’s program is affiliated with the Center for Organizational and Human Resource Effectiveness (COHRE), an independent consulting unit that offers valuable experience to MTSU’s I/O Psychology students and industry clients like State Farm and Cracker Barrel, among others
- MTSU rates No. 12 nationally in the affordability of its online Master of Library Science (M.L.S.), according to College Choice. The College of Education program is the only online program in Tennessee that made the top 20.
- The M.S. in Management at MTSU is ranked No. 21 among such programs in the country by Top Management Degrees, listed behind only Duke in the eight states bordering Tennessee.
- MTSU’s Master of Business Administration degree may be customized and can be completed online or on campus in only 12 months. The M.B.A. now has Music Business and Health Care Management concentrations.
Why Graduate School?
According to the U.S. Census, adults with advanced degrees earn an average of 44 percent more than those with bachelor’s degrees. Graduate school is a place of discovery, innovation, and enrichment. MTSU offers nationally recognized graduate programs in many disciplines. Graduate assistantships and scholarships are available. Contact the College of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can increase your potential with an advanced degree.
COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
Get a Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years
The Accelerated Bachelor’s-to-Master’s (ABM) programs allow high-ability students to complete undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years, double-counting up to 12 credit hours toward both degrees. Participating ABM programs:
- Actuarial Sciences (M.S. in Professional Science)
- Biostatistics (M.S.in Professional Science)
- Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Chemistry (M.S.)
- Criminal Justice (M.C.J.)
- Economics (M.A.)
- Exercise Science (M.S.)
- Finance (M.S.)
- Foreign Languages (M.A.T.)
- Information Systems (M.S.)
- International Affairs (M.A.)
- Leisure and Sport Management (M.S.)
- Management (M.S.)
- Media and Communication (M.S.)